St Albans has hotels to suit all pockets.....
City Centre hotels (around 10 minutes drive from venue, depending on traffic):
- Premier Inn (on main shopping and market street, newly opened in 2015)
- Clarion Collection Hotel (modern hotel in historic building, adjacent to shops and cathedral)
- St Michael's Manor Hotel (older style hotel in historic quarter)
Out of Town hotels:
- The Noke (Mercure, 2 minutes drive from venue)
- Sopwell House (luxury hotel with spa, 8 minutes drive)
- Premier Inn, Smug Oak Lane, Bricket Wood (5 minutes drive) n.b. take care finding this one - use AL2 3PN, not "Premier Inn Bricket Wood", as Google maps fails to distinguish this Premier Inn from the one in St Albans city centre!
There's also plenty to see.....
- The Cathedral is the oldest site of continuous Christian worship in Britain
- Verulamium was the third largest city in Roman Britain. There is an excellent child-friendly museum, including spectacular mosaics
- The recently opened new Museum and the medieval Clock Tower are well worth a look
- The street market dates from 1553 and offers a wide mix of goods every Saturday (and Wednesday)
- As a former coaching town, St Albans has numerous historic inns and pubs
For more information see www.enjoystalbans.com
- What's changed from last year? There is one significant format change: instead of a Second Chance flight comprising the16 losers from the first round of the Main and the 16 losers from the first round of the Consolation, for 2020 the 16 losers from the first round of the Main will drop into the second round of the Consolation. This change is to ensure the tournament complies with new rules for the UKBGF Tour. Arising from this change, other flights have been renamed, and the prize distribution adjusted.
- I register and subscribe to one of the entry tiers, and to some side-pools, then find I can't attend, can I have a full refund? Yes of course, provided your seat can be filled by somebody else.
- What catering will there be? Tea, coffee, biscuits and microwaveable snacks will be available for a nominal charge on an honesty-box basis. There is a pub (Three Hammers), also bakery, Indian and Chinese takeaways at Chiswell Green (7 minute walk)
- Can I bring my (non-guide) dog? Well-behaved dogs are welcome at the tournament, but not in either playing room - Greenwood Park is a green space with ample room outside!