St Albans has hotels to suit all pockets.....
City Centre hotels (around 10 minutes drive from venue, depending on traffic):
- Premier Inn (on main shopping and market street, newly opened in 2015)
- Clarion Collection Hotel (modern hotel in historic building, adjacent to shops and cathedral)
- St Michael's Manor Hotel (older style hotel in historic quarter)
Out of Town hotels:
- The Noke (Mercure, 2 minutes drive from venue)
- Sopwell House (luxury hotel with spa, 8 minutes drive)
- Premier Inn, Smug Oak Lane, Bricket Wood (5 minutes drive) n.b. take care finding this one - use AL2 3PN, not "Premier Inn Bricket Wood", as Google maps fails to distinguish this Premier Inn from the one in St Albans city centre!
There's also plenty to see.....
- The Cathedral is the oldest site of continuous Christian worship in Britain
- Verulamium was the third largest city in Roman Britain. There is an excellent child-friendly museum, including spectacular mosaics
- The street market dates from 1553 and offers a wide mix of goods every Saturday (and Wednesday)
- As a former coaching town, St Albans has numerous historic inns and pubs
For more information see www.enjoystalbans.com
- What's changed from last year? Tier upgrades accepted up to and including the day before the tournament.
- I register and subscribe to one of the entry tiers, and to some side-pools, then find I can't attend, can I have a full refund? Yes of course, provided your seat can be filled by somebody else.
- What catering will there be? Tea, coffee, biscuits and microwaveable snacks will be available for a nominal charge on an honesty-box basis. There is a pub (Three Hammers), also bakery, Indian and Chinese takeaways at Chiswell Green (7 minute walk)